(#6) Laurence Neron-Bancel is still showing at the Promenade des Artistes


I Love New York 2007 by Laurence Neron-Bancel

I'm not the only one "still" showing at the Promenade des Artistes.

I'm 100% sure that Nadine Jalem and I did show at the "first" promenade on a Sunday in 2001. We were in the same house at Marie Wyatt's house in Rye. We won't be able to show it to you now as it has been demolished ...Ah America...
I do remember 4 artists showing with us , 2 of them I still meet: Mimi Stuart and Myra Lehman...Looking at artists having shown at the Promenade will be the subject of another serie of posts!

Concerning my work, it has changed a lot ...At that time, I was still influenced by England and had realized an "assemblage" about playing golf, special command for Richard' birthday and another one with Tennis Racquet..
I've started showing "more traditionnal" collages in 2002 when the Promenade des Artistes took place in Mamaroneck and Scarsdale; my neighbor's (at the time Muriel and Vincent Aniort)and my house were among the 5 houses open.
Since then, I've shown in 4 times in Larchmont! In 2003,I've shown in an historical house that you wouldn't be able to recognize as it hasn't been destroyed but beautifully refurbished: the not any more little Gingerhouse.
In 2005,2006, 2007,I've been welcomed in the same house by the same couple! Denise and John have been since the beginning strong supporters of the promenade; Denise designed the logo with the door and brushes than you can see on the top of the page. This year, I'm showing in the same house than in 2004 but not with the same host. The view hasn't changed though and is worth visiting us.
Thank you Fabienne et Luc.. See you soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soon opening at the Whitney

meet the artist Liam Roberts