what's new @ Muriel Guepin Gallery



New Group Show Opening Tomorrow Wednesday June 6, 2012 6:30 - 8 pm

Muriel Guépin Gallery is pleased to announce "Jeux Rêves" an exhibition featuring the artworks of:



This exhibition features new works on paper and cloth, and a collaborative site-specific installation. Intuition and conceptual forms are the leading elements shared in the works of these two multimedia artists.

 
Arezoo/Pauline      

Opening Reception
Wednesday June 6, 2012  from 6:30 - 8 pm

The show will be on view through July 15, 2012

Shredded-Galiana   
  
Jeux - Pauline Galiana
I practice in a multi-disciplinary manner across diverse media and social inputs and focus on actively engaging the viewer in a visual conversation. The concept of playful poetic narration through visual media runs through my work, as does a reflection on the sources of, and how one recycles, creative energy. I use literal leftovers from different stages of my own work -- ideas, forms, emotions or material. Color drives my instinctive state of mind: hue, shade, tone, pigment, stain, wash, all bring vividness and an inspirational excitement.


Arezoo Moseni 2 
   
Rêves - Arezoo Moseni
Geometry, chemistry and motion fuel my work and drawing is the foundation of everything I do including my photography. The configuration of my drawings is driven by a series of interconnected tetrahedrons inspired by Kepler's planetary motion laws, Euler's polyhedron formula, and Fuller's synergetic geometry. Working with red wine from different parts of the world reflects my romance with living breathing organic materials. The color, luminosity and aging process make red wine a wondrous liquid pigment. Drawing with and seeing red wine come alive on paper and cloth feels as if I am in paradise.

Muriel Guepin Gallery
47 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soon opening at the Whitney

meet the artist Liam Roberts