and more ..

*fat as a pig
exceptionally fat; grotesquely fat. (*Also: as ~.If I don't stop eating this cake, I'll be fat as a pig! You really ought to go on a diet; you're as fat as a pig.
See also: fat
ain't fittin' to roll with a pig
Rur. is or are filthy or uncouth. After a day's work in the hot sun, Clyde ain't fittin' to roll with a pig.
See also: roll
buy a pig in a poke
Fig. to buy something without looking inside first. If you don't get a good look at the engine of a used car before you buy it, you'll wind up buying a pig in a poke. I justtook the salesman's word that this camera worked. I guess I bought a pig in a poke.
See also: buypoke
If that don't beat a pig a-pecking!
Rur. That's amazing! Tom: A Republican won the Senate seat! Jane: If that don't beat a pig a-pecking! Mary: Jim lost twenty pounds in one month. Charlie: If thatdon't beat a pig a-pecking!
See also: beatif
In a pig's eye! and In a pig's ass!; In a pig's ear!
Rur. Nonsense! (Use caution with ass.) Tom: I wasn't going to steal it. I was just looking at it. Jane: In a pig's eye! I saw you put it in your pocket! Mary: Bill sayshe's sorry and he'll never yell at me again if I take him back. Jane: In a pig's ass! He's made those promises a hundred times before. Tom: I thought you said I couldkeep this. Charlie: In a pig's ear! I said you could borrow it.
like stealing acorns from a blind pig
Rur. very easy. Getting Mary to sign the house over to me was like stealing acorns from a blind pig. Tom: Was it hard to fool so many people? Charlie: Nope. It waslike stealing acorns from a blind pig.
See also: acornblindlikesteal
make a pig of oneself
Fig. to eat too much, too fast, or noisily; to eat more than one's share. Don't make a pig of yourself! Sam is making a pig of himself and taking more than his share.
See also: makeoneself
pig out (on something)
Inf. to eat too much of something; to make a pig of oneself. I intend to really pig out on pizza. I love to pig out on ice cream.
See also: out
Serve as a guinea pig
Fig. [for someone] to be experimented on; to allow some sort of test to be performed on one. (Alludes to the use of guinea pigs for biological experiments.) Try it onsomeone else! I don't want to serve as a guinea pig! Jane agreed to serve as a guinea pig. She'll be the one to try out the new flavor of ice cream.
See also: guineaserve
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

a guinea pig
if someone is used as a guinea pig, new ideas or products are tested on them They're looking for volunteers to act as guinea pigs for a new AIDS vaccine.
See also: guinea
a pig in a poke
something that you buy or accept without first seeing it or knowing what it is like, with the result that it might not be what you want Clothes from a catalogue are a pigin a poke. You can't feel the quality of the fabric or know if the clothes will fit.
See also: poke
eat like a pig  (informal)
to eat a lot, or to eat noisily and unpleasantly Christine is one of those lucky people who can eat like a pig and still stay thin.
See also: eatlike
in a pig's eye  (American informal)
something that you say which means you think there is no chance that something is true or that something will happen Me, in love with Sandra? In a pig's eye I am.
See also: eye
make a pig of yourself   (informal)
to eat too much I made a real pig of myself at Christmas so I'm on a diet again.
See also: make
make a pig's ear of something/doing something   (British informal)
to do something very badly Tim made a right pig's ear of putting those shelves up.
See also: earmake
Pig's arse!  (Australian very informal)
something that you say when you do not believe what someone has just told you She told you she was pregnant? Pig's arse! - don't believe a word she says.
See eat like a pigsweat like a pigsqueal like a stuck pig  (informal)
to make a long, high sound, usually because you are hurt It was only a scratch, but he started squealing like a stuck pig.
See also: likesquealstuck
sweat like a pig  (informal)
to sweat (= have liquid coming out of your skin) a lot I was so nervous, I was sweating like a pig.
See slog guts out
See also: likesweat
source
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/pig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soon opening at the Whitney

meet the artist Liam Roberts