About the artistic process..

At the answer, how long it took you to realize this work of art,..the most famous reply is the one by ? who said : my whole life!...
I one day someone will ask me why I kept all those newspapers.. i will tell them the following story:

on November 13/2014,...while  I was filing my newspapers dating ...back to ..1996...
and @ the same time thinking and working on my next exhibit around Travel and Newspapers @ Saint Hilaire in 2015
the 2 collapsed....
  I  saw the illustration for an article on a show I would not go..because it was since long closed .....but thanks to nowadays technology
browsed the internet and found some more information,...
 MOMENTA ART...

Guy Richards Smit, “NY Times, Friday, September 13, 2013″ (2013), watercolor and gouache on paper (photo by the author for Hyperallergic)
 This is not the first and only time I encountered that kind of work but the whole exhibit talked about something I could definitely rely to  and that I read in the Press Release:

"This exhibition will focus on currently working artists whose engagement with the material and content of newspapers gives us a window on its changing status. All of the artists grew up with newspapers as quotidian objects. They are perhaps the last generation to do so."

source: http://www.momentaart.org/momenta-art-burying-the-lede.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soon opening at the Whitney

meet the artist Liam Roberts